13. October 2021
A big thank you from ACAM to everyone who attended our annual meeting last week. After almost two years, we were finally able to welcome back our community on site and in person at the RWTH Aachen Campus.
After our research partners presented their final summaries of last year’s projects on the first day, day 2 featured updates from the ACAM community including an outlook into 2022.
Many thanks also to Matthias Brockmann for an insightful guest presentation on the Cluster of Excellence “Internet of Production”.
Highlight of day 2 was the voucher allocation event for the ACAM projects for 2022. Our members were able to place their vouchers and thereby vote for projects.
The following projects were approved for the coming year:
– Carbon Footprint Reduction with Life Cycle Assessment of AM Auto Component
– Benchmark of Metal AM
– Adaptive Hybrid Additive Manufacturing through LMD with Automated Post Machining
– Improvement of the Coolant Side of a Heat Exchanger made by LPBF
– Laser Powder Bed Fusion of Magnets
– Benchmark of specific Aluminum alloys for LPBF
Congratulations to all the projects that were approved and we are excited to see the results!