15. October 2019
The 5th Annual Meeting of the ACAM Aachen Center for Additive Manufacturing took place on September 18th and 19th, 2019 at the RWTH Aachen Campus. The approximately 70 representatives of leading international industrial partners and research institutions informed themselves about the latest developments of the Aachen AM Community.
After the welcome of the participants by the ACAM managing directors Dr. Kristian Arntz and Prof. Dr. Johannes Henrich Schleifenbaum, the final workshops of the consortium projects of 2019 were on the agenda. Within this context, the research partners presented their respective industry consortia the latest findings and developments in areas such as multi-material, non-destructive testing of additively manufactured components and design guidelines for tapping the full potential of industrial 3D printing. The first day was rounded off with a joint evening event in the Kasteel Bloemendal in Vaals.
The following day focused on the selection of new projects for the coming year 2020 as well as intensive networking of all participants.
Selection of projects for 2020
From a large number of relevant projects, eight were selected from our industrial partners through the typical broker session.
The following projects will be implemented in the consortium phase 2020:
- Benchmarking of Binder Jetting for Metals
- Benchmarking of post-processing methods including automated post-processing (metals and plastics)
- Automated powder removal from parts manufactured by LPBF
- Increasing Productivity by LPBF with flexible beam diameter
- Case study on tool steels with LPBF and EBM
- Investigation on the feasibility of LMD based Additive Manufacturing of tool steels
- High entropy alloys for high temperature applications, shape memory alloys and metallic glasses processed by LPBF
- Trust in AM Machines: Development of a methodology for LPBF and DED machine certification
The Growth of the ACAM Community
This year’s annual meeting was also used as an opportunity to introduce the 36 existing members to TÜV Süd AG, Applied Materials and Daido Steel Co. as new basic members and 3yourmind as new cooperation member. Welcome to the ACAM community!
We thank our industry and research partners for their participation and the informative exchange during the annual meeting.